If you’re unable to uninstall Discord from your computer, here are a few solutions that might help.
“How to uninstall discord completely” is a problem that has been present for a while. If you are unable to uninstall Discord, try these solutions.
Teodor Nechita (Teodor Nechita)
Editor for Managing Software
Teodor produces articles about Windows, Xbox, and all things tech-related on a regular basis, eager to assist people in need. When he’s not working, you’ll generally find him at the gym or on the golf course… Read more
18th of December, 2021
Originally published in February 2021.
- It’s aggravating to be unable to delete a program, and many users have stated that they are unable to do so using Discord.
- Make the necessary adjustments to your starting settings to resolve this problem.
- You may attempt to uninstall the app as well as any related files and registry entries.
- If you’re having trouble getting Discord to remove, consider utilizing the specific uninstallation program.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Discord is one of the greatest gaming chat programs, but many users have claimed that they are unable to erase it from their computers.
This is a small issue that can be easily resolved. We’ll teach you how to cope with this problem in a couple of minutes in today’s tutorial.
Let’s look at some of the reasons why this issue happens to help you understand.
Why am I unable to remove Discord?
If you are unable to remove Discord, it may stay on your computer in an unknown place.
If you attempt to remove Discord again, you’ll most likely get an error message stating that the file is no longer in the specified place. As a result, it was unable to be effectively erased.
If you’re in the same situation as me, today’s suggestions will assist you in overcoming this obstacle. You won’t have to worry about this annoying issue again if you follow the procedures below.
What can I do if I can’t get Discord to uninstall?
1. Disable Discord’s auto-start feature.
- Choose Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar.
- Go to the Startup tab in Task Manager.
- Discord may be disabled by right-clicking it and selecting Disable.
2. Make use of the Windows Options menu.
- To enter Windows Settings, use the following keyboard shortcut: I + Windows
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Look through this list to see whether Discord is included.
- If so, right-click it and choose Uninstall.
3. Clear your Discord cache.
- Use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut, then enter percent appdata percent and then click OK.
- Right-click the Discord folder in the AppData Roaming folder, then choose Delete.
- Using the Windows + R keys, reopen the Run dialog box.
- Now press the Enter key and enter percent LocalAppData%.
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it with a right-click.
- Check to see whether the folders are created again after restarting the machine.
In certain circumstances, the error message is ambiguous. Because the folder or a file in it is open in another application, the action cannot be performed. To fix this, go to Task Manager and close any Discord-related folders or files that are open.
4. Remove Discord from your computer’s registry.
- Open Registry Editor by pressing the Windows key and typing regedit.
- Now, take the following path: HKEY CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE/Discord
- Select Delete from the right-click menu on the Discord folder.
- Restart the computer if necessary.
3. Use an uninstaller program
If you still can’t get Discord to uninstall, you may utilize uninstaller software. There is a lot of software available for this task.
We recommend using the IOBit Uninstaller program to remove Discord or any other app quickly and easily. It’s really simple to use, so don’t be concerned if you’re a novice.
If you’re having trouble uninstalling Discord, IObit Uninstaller can help. You also won’t have to be concerned about leftovers. This program will take care of them with ease.
For secure Internet surfing, IObit Uninstaller automatically removes dangerous and advertising plug-ins.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
It may also be used as a health-related software application. With just one click, you can change program permissions, resolve uninstall difficulties, and disable bothersome notification prompts.
Remember that it keeps track of any modifications made to the system during application installation and undoes them when the program is uninstalled.
Users have said that IObit is quick and safe, and that there is no additional effort required to get things set up, making it easy to use. Remember that you may use it to remove browser extensions and other tricky apps as well.
Let’s have a look at the greatest features of IObit Uninstaller:
- The UI is simple to use and understand.
- Uninstall in its entirety
- Deep cleaning
- Surfing safely
- The state of software
- Monitor the installation
If you don’t know which one to use or aren’t sure which one is best, read our article on the best uninstaller software.
They’re simple to set up and operate, and they’ll erase any Discord files they find on your computer. Uninstaller software can locate and completely delete any residual files associated with the program you wish to uninstall.
They can also uninstall obstinate programs that refuse to uninstall in Windows settings.
Is it possible to reinstall the Discord app?
You don’t have to worry if you change your mind and wish to reinstall the Discord program on your computer. It simply takes a few minutes to complete the installation procedure.
To get started, go to the official Discord website and download the app, then follow the on-screen instructions. Also, don’t forget that the app’s online version is available.
If you are unable to reinstall Discord, we highly advise you to see our dedicated instruction.
Also, take in mind that the installation procedure may encounter difficulties. The Discord setup error: Failed to extract the installer is one of the most prevalent. Make sure you check out some effective strategies to quickly solve it.
You will be able to completely delete the Discord app by following the instructions outlined in this article.
It’s quite uncommon that you’ll still have problems after following the steps in this article. It might be an issue with your Windows profile or Windows itself if this is the case.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 12
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “discord installation has failed” is a problem that many users have been experiencing. Here are some solutions to the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it not letting me delete Discord?
A: Unfortunately, Discord cannot be deleted from your device.
How do I completely uninstall Discord?
A: You can uninstall Discord through the Windows Control Panel, which you should be able to find in your start menu.
How do I completely remove Discord from my Mac?
A: To fully remove Discord from your Mac, you will need to delete the application.
- how to uninstall discord windows 7
- why can’t i delete discord in localappdata
- discord product code
- what happens when you uninstall discord
- uninstall discord canary